Friday, June 8, 2007

Response#3

Reflection # 3

I believe I am a combination of auditory and visual learner. Although I have never taken a learning style inventory, I know that after I hear something, I must see it to fully understand it. I don't always have to see pictures, I mostly have to see what is in writing. I can follow written directions much better than just looking at a map. So its a bit confusing because I don't necessarily need pictures.

I know that I have different types of learners and so I try to use different strategies to address the different types of learners. I try to always have something visual and have things students can touch or play with aside from the lecture.

I think that due toy a bilingual program for their children. I had a parent tell me that she had two children, the oldest was put in bilingual education and the youngest was not--she still did not see the benefits since her kids were in 1st and 2nd grade. She didn't see it as a benefit for her older child to be able to read and write well in Spanish, she felt she was being held back. After a couple of years she realized that both her children learn to read and write English but one could do the same with Spanish. It took a while for her to realize this. I think it is up to educators to inform parents about the benefits of learning a second language. We see that the most educated poeple are those who seek to learn a second language. They know the benefits it will bring to their child.


No comments: