Friday, June 8, 2007

Response #2

I think that there is a strong relationship between the behavioral, nativist and functional appraoches in that they are constructed through linguistic behavior. All of them require some sort of reinforcement or practice and it also deals with what surrounds us. I think it is important to understand that in today's society language learners are using a combination of appraoches to learn a second or even third language. In learning a different language, I think I used a combination of these three.As a child I observed everyone who surrounded me and often imitated to learn. As humans we are also born with certain abilities that allow us to learn and in school It think we get more of the functional approaches through direct instruction.

I think culture, morals, beliefs have a lot to do with the child-parent interaction. I see that it is different here in the United States as compared to the way I remember it in Mexico. I am much more communicative with my children and I think that has allowed them to become more vocal and independent. I remember in my home I was only to speak when spoken to and I was never allowed to speak my second language around those who did not speak it as a form of respect.

No comments: